Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Upswings Are Nice

Well, August is going much, much, much better since my last post and I am up ~$730 at ring games this month. If you count a $240 deposit bonus I cleared and a $208.55 FPP satty I won, this month is now going great with over a $1000 profit if u count bonuses/FPPs. I managed to get GoldStar yesterday night and should be able to get Platinum by the end of the month as I am back at 50NL again. I have been trying really hard not to get angry and tilt much and I have been doing better. Whether that is because I am on an upswing at the moment is not clear, but hopefully I can keep up my tilt/anger control. I played a 5400 FPP tourney the other day and lost when my AA lost to 89s and then AJ lost to A9 both all in preflop and I really didnt feel angry whatsoever. Just shrugged it off. Usually tourneys/S&Gs tilt me badly so that is great news that I didn't get angry when I suffered two horrible beats to lose. My BR is currently slightly under $2000 and I am hoping not to withdraw for a little while so I can stay at 50NL permanently and never have to worry about going back down to 25NL or god forbid 10NL. I plan to take a shot at 100NL when my BR reaches $3000 but I will move immediately back down to 50NL if my BR ever drops to $2500.

In non-poker related things, I have been playing quite a bit of golf lately and have been getting better. I work at a golf course so I can play for free and have actually been taking advantage of it lately. I love the sport, but have never really played all too often so I was never good. Earlier today I had my best round ever. I shot 14 over par for 18 holes which is very good for me. Granted, it was a fairly easy course, but I did play from the blue tees, so I was very proud. I only had 2 bad holes really. Anyways I plan on playing a lot before I have to head back to school so I might not be able to put in quite as many poker hands as I would like, but I have been playing a ton lately, so it will be good for me.

Here's the graph for August so far.

1 comment:

Icemonkey9 said...

Hey Brian, congrats on the nice upswing and good play - it was time ya know?! So you look like you are really playing great at this time from your graph, so keep it up bud!