Monday, July 7, 2008

Taking a Shot at 50NL

Ok, for the past couple of days I have played ~5500 hands of 50NL FR and I am up $80 for a whopping 1.43 PTBB/100. I ran really good making over $500 in 3 days at 25NL to start July off and decided to take a shot at 50NL. I started out the first couple thousand hands just totally spewing with crazy bluffs/floats. I don't know what happened, just me feeling like I need to start making moves at least once an orbit since I am at a higher level. After I got past that I started playing more solid poker. ChuckTs did another sweat session with me which proved very informative and useful as always. I am so appreciative for all that he has done to help me improve my game. He is probably one of the biggest factors that has helped me take my game to a new level and has been helping me out since I started playing the $3 turbos on Stars a year or so ago. Anyways, my BR stands at $1210 right now and unless I drop to $900 I will be continuing at 50NL. Hopefully I can run well for a week or so to get fully rolled and not really worry about ever dropping back down.

I am really liking how fast the FPPs come rolling in while playing 50NL. Much faster than 25NL. Since it was Double VPP week at PS from the 1st-6th I played quite a bit and have already accumulated ~4300 VPPs this month. Hopefully I can achieve Platinum by the end of the month but I'll have to put in quite a bit of hands at 50NL to achieve this. I tried my luck at two 5400 FPP turbos to the Sunday Million and finished 5th in both of them right on the bubble. These caused me to get pretty angry so Ive decided not to play in them anymore and I will be taking the cash bonuses when I can get them.

Here's some of my more interesting hands at 50NL

How not to play 77


Took my whole time bank deciding here. Still not sure if this is a profitable call or not


Not really quite sure what villain is thinking here

No comments: