Thursday, July 24, 2008

12 Buy-ins Below EV

Yup, thats right. Over my last 11,271 hands I am a whopping 12 buy-ins below EV. I withdrew a bunch of money to buy a TV and decided to drop back to 25NL for awhile. What has happened over the past few days has disgusted me and pretty much made me want to give up on poker yet again. I just cant stand making good plays and losing to fucking retards over and over again. It sounds like I'm being a bitch since I haven't lost that much money, but I should be up $250. I can't believe I have kept relatively cool over the past few days and not made any stupid decisions to put my whole roll on the line at 100NL or something. I know it has to end sometime, and I actually thought it did for a second earlier today, and then BAM!! KK vs AK loses, KK vs AA loses, guy draws out on the river my TT vs his KQ. There goes $70 in about 5 minutes.

On a happier note I made platinum for the first time ever at PS and I also took advantage of a 40% deposit bonus. I deposited 600 for a free $240 which I am ~1/3 of the way to clearing. I have also have over 10k in FPPs accumulated in my account for the first time in awhile and I am hoping I will be able to save up enough for the platinum $650 bonus next month sometime. If this downswing ever ends and I can get back to 50NL I should be able to get the $650 bonus by the end of August which would be great.

Anyways, sorry for the rant, I just absolutely hate poker right now. Here's the aforementioned graph.

1 comment:

Icemonkey9 said...

Hey man, I think sometimes its GOOD to blow your top and vent and get pissed off. But you have to plan that this is no way to play poker, so just use that energy and burn it off and take a day off. 11k hand cooler sucks ass man, that's brutal. Just blow off some steam, take a step back and a day off, then come back ready to go.