Friday, June 27, 2008

So Far so Good at Full Ring

So as a lot of you know I made the switch to FR from 6max and started 12-tabling. So far things are going nicely and Ive been running at 4.75 PTBB/100 and Ive gotten set under set 3 times (once for 200BBs) and I feel that I am playing very well. Can think of maybe 2 or 3 hands off the top of my head where I was displeased how I played them. I've noticed that I am much more relaxed playing FR than I was playing 6max, even though I'm now playing 12 tables instead of 4 or 6. I'm playing tighter, so I'm not in as many hands, and when I am I usually have a good hand and decisions just seem easier. I can't explain why, but they do. At 6max I was constantly involved in pots and having to outplay my opponents a lot. At FR I pretty much just play straightforward and bet for value. I don't bluff nearly as much since pots are multi way a lot more often and all in all its just more relaxing and easier it seems, lol, I've said that about 5 times now.

I also haven't tilted once since switching to FR which is great for me. I only even got mad once (KK losing all in preflop to JJ right after my set under set for 200BBs) and I just took a few deep breaths, reassured myself that I was making good decisions and the feeling immediately passed. Tilt has been a big problem for me in the past and is probably the biggest part of my game that I am working on. I'm not sure if its the switch to FR or the fact that I've tilted so much in the past and I just realized how stupid it is finally, but whatever it is, its working. I hope to conquer 6max sometime in my future, but right now FR is working good, I'm getting more FPPs (more tables), and I'm tilting less so I don't see myself switching back any time soon.

I went to Buffalo a few days ago for my roommates birthday and had a great time. It was nice to take a break from poker/working for a couple days and just relax. Anyways, enough rambling from me. I've got to get to bed now. Here's my graph so far at FR for you're enjoyment.

No comments: