Thursday, June 19, 2008

First Post

Alright, since it seems to be the cool thing to do now I decided I should make a little blog. The main focus of the blog will be on my poker playing career. Hopefully I will be wowing you with my mad 25NL 6max skillz and keeping the bitching and moaning to a minimum. I'm currently on a short break from poker and will be playing again in a few days.

Here's a short history of my poker career so far:

I started playing online poker a couple of years ago for a little fun. Played some 5 dollar S&Gs, was terrible and didn't like losing, so I decided to read up as much as I could about the game. I found a nice little site called CardsChat and have been improving my play ever since. I deposited on Bodog and played $5 S&Gs and $8 Beginner S&Gs like it was my job for a few months. I won a few hundred dollars and cashed out, very proud of myself. I liked the profits, but I wanted them to come quicker so I started playing 25NL (Under rolled and playing it basically like a S&G, which is bad). I went on a big heater to start and won a few hundred in a couple weeks. Then, my bad play started to catch up to me and I started losing it all. I decided to cash out what I had left and go back to what I was best at, S&Gs. I deposited on Stars and played hundreds of S&Gs, profiting small here and there, but it eventually added up and I was up around $1400 since I had started playing poker online.

After seeing ChuckTs and a few other CC S&G/Tourney regs switch to ring I was hooked and just had to do it. I started playing 10NL 6max and was running great, then I got a nice MTT win and jumped up to 25NL 6max where I started out on a 50k heater, running at 11PTBB/100. Since March I am up $3250 dollars from mostly 25NL/10NL and a few random tourney placings. I hit a big downswing in June and decided to stop playing for a week and this is where I'm at right now.

In a few days I'm going to deposit $500 and 4-table 25NL 6max. Even though I will have 20 Buy-ins I am not really happy with that BR to play 25NL 6max, but it is all I can really afford as I have spent some of my winnings and don't feel comfortable depositing any more than that. If my BR at any point drops to $300 I will have to go back down to 10NL and grind it back up but hopefully this doesn't happen.

Anyways, thanks for checkin the blog out and I'll post an update in a few days when I deposit and start playing again.

2 comments:

Munchrs said...

hey nice blog. Hopefully you can get back o track.

I added a link on mine :) Thanks for the link!!!

dakota-xx said...

Off to a good start! You might be surprised to find this will help you focus on your goals - and has a bit of a calming affect.

I think it will be good for you. I will stay tuned.