Monday, October 6, 2008

7639 Hands, $348.46 + BONUSES

Alright, I started off October playing some 100NL 6max and lets just say it didn't go too well. Actually, I'll rephrase that, I played really well (for the most part) and ran terrible so I actually have no problems with how 6max went. I know for a fact that I can beat 100NL 6max and I'm sure I'll venture back for a little while before the month is over. After being -$700 in EV last month, I've started this month -$300 in EV, so even though I'm running pretty bad I'm still doing quite well. As you can see i had a nice 6 Buy-in downswing on the 2nd and 3rd days of the month followed by a very nice comeback at 100NL FR (which is easily beatable by playing strictly TAG btw). I also played in two 5400 FPP sattys and won them both for a nice extra $428 in profits. So even though I've ran slightly bad this month is still going real good so far.

I've also decided to start withdrawing half of my profits every Sunday since I'm kind of getting tired of seeing my Poker BR increase while my bank account balance continues to decrease. I feel like there's no real reason to play if I'm not at least seeing some of my profits show up to use in real life. Also, its not like I will be blowing money stupidly after I take it out. I've always been pretty good at saving money and I am really going to need a new car in about 4-6 months or so. My current 1992 Honda Accord is on its last legs and I'm hoping it can last a few more months when I hopefully have some nice poker profits to purchase a new one. This may delay my move to 200NL, but whatever, I'm fine with that. I know that I will be there eventually.

On a school note, this is the first week that work has started to really pile up. I just took a test this morning and I have 2 tests back to back on Thursday in my two hardest classes. As soon as I finish writing this post I am going to study for probably 5 hours the rest of the night. I don't think I will be able to put in any hands of poker until Thursday and my 40k hand goal is looking like it might not happen, but whatever, school has to come first. I'm also leaving for Washington D.C. on Thursday night for a little vacation and won't be back til Sunday afternoon so that's another 4 days I won't be playing. The more I think about it, 40k hands this month is going to be totally unattainable. I really haven't taken more than a couple days off from playing poker for the last few months. I know I've talked about it before, but I've never actually done it, so a full week or so off from poker might be good for me.

Here's the graph for the month so far.

No comments: