Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Solid Week

So school has started to get busy lately and I'm a little pissed that I haven't been able to put in a ton of hands this month, but I am still winning a decent amount of money and will easily achieve Platinum Star by the end of the month so I guess I can't complain too much. I could probably play more, but this is my senior year and I'd much rather be out having fun than playing poker. Also, graduating and getting my degree is definitely the number 1 priority in my life right now so I have to make sure that poker is not getting in the way of me getting work done. So far its balancing rather nicely. I'm averaging 1-1.5 hours a day playing poker and still accomplishing everything I want to. I feel like I am playing some of the best poker in my life and perhaps its because I'm not playing for hours and hours at a time every day.

I'm going to Boston this weekend with my roommates so I won't be playing at all Friday-Sunday which is fine. Breaks from playing are always nice and I love coming back to the tables feeling refreshed after a couple days off. I can't wait to get to Boston. I've always wanted to go there since I was younger and I'm finally going this weekend. We're staying with one of my roommates friends so the only expenses I will have are gas money and whatever I want to spend money on there. I was hoping we might be able to go see one of the Red Sox Yankees games that weekend, but I'm guessing it will be $200+ per ticket. I would actually have no problem paying up to ~$300 for a ticket, but I don't think anyone else I would be with would want to. I was just up in Toronto on Saturday and only payed $9 for a ticket to a Blue Jays game. Hard to believe that prices differ so much between certain teams. Anyways, Boston should be real fun anyways.

Even though I didn't put a whole lot of hands in this week, I still managed to get a nice sample in and did great (Thanks to a nice $600 swing today). Looks like I'll have another really solid monthly report to post in the next week or so. I'm loving 100NL FR right now and hopefully by the end of October I will have a roll big enough to take a shot at 200NL. I've heard that 200NL FR is pretty hard to beat for a decent win rate though, so I will have to see. I might need to switch back and play some 100NL 6max and learn that way in a little while as 200NL 6max is definitely beatable. I really feel confident that if I apply myself and continue to get better I will be able to beat the mid stakes games (FR or 6max) eventually. One thing I want to do is to be able to excel at both FR and 6max. So hopefully, by the end of October I'll be playing 200NL or at least learning 100NL 6max.

Here's my latest graph of the last 7 days.

No comments: