Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Mental Block

I'm making this post to kind of clear my head and get all my thoughts written down. I need to move forward from this terrible stretch I'm in and I need to do something about it. I can't just sit back and keep saying "My luck will change, I'm playing great blah blah blah" when the truth is, I'm playing horrible poker, tilting literally every session and I need to do something different. I've attached my year graph below and you'll notice I run real good for the first ~170k hands or so and then break even for the next 220k hands. Sure, over that 220k hand stretch I am almost 50 BIs below EV, been coolered left and right, and been running into the top of peoples ranges, but theres just no way that a 220k hand breakeven stretch can just be normal variance. I've admitted that I have been tilting hard lately and that has always been my biggest problem.

I need to do something different and figure out wtf is going wrong. I need to stick to one game type. I really need to choose to play 6max or FR and quit switching back and forth every damn session or every time that I run bad at one game. Anyways, hopefully i can put this breakeven stretch behind me and start winning again soon.

2 comments:

Entiteit said...

that graph isnt that bad though
i mean, it could be a lot worse

but its good to make changes if you think thats whats wrong

im sure u can figure it out, or ask some help if u can't, there's no shame in that :)

gl dude and plz dont play me hu anymore :o

Unknown said...

Hey, I added your blog to my blogroll. Check mine out, too, if you don't mind and add me to your roll if you like it.

http://poker.jonbellah.com