Sunday, January 11, 2009

Refocusing

As a lot of people who I talk to frequently know, tilt is by far my worst enemy at the poker table and the biggest problem I have when it comes to poker. My tilt over the last month and a half or so has just gotten to be absolutely out of control. I think I've probably lost close to $3000 from spewy, tilt-induced plays over the last couple months. I'm really baffled because I thought that I was really close to getting it under control in late November. I'm not sure if I was just running better at that point in time, making me believe that my tilt problem had gone away or if it was the switch back to playing mostly 6max that caused it. Anyways, whatever the reason is, I've decided to switch back to FR for awhile since the last time I was playing exclusively FR my tilt was almost non-existent. After losing $1000 at 200NL 6max yesterday, I won it all back playing 100-400NL FR. Normally when I play FR I table select between 100 and 200NL tables and play ~20 tables. Yesterday, however, I noticed that there were some huge fish sitting at some 400NL tables and decided to play a little bit. I was absolutely shocked at how bad the competition was. I'm not sure if it was just because it was a Saturday night, but if that is the typical play at 400NL, I'm quite positive I could beat it for a pretty good win rate. Problem is there aren't that many tables that form, so I would have to mix in 200NL too. My BR is not quite as large as I would like it to be playing 400NL, so for the rest of the month I play on grinding out 100 and 200NL FR and building my roll so that hopefully sometime in the next couple months I can switch to playing 200 and 400.

Anyways, despite the constant tilting I have been going through this month, I haven't actually done too badly. I'm up $1666 and have accumulated ~30k FPPs which is equal to $450 in rakeback.

4 comments:

Icemonkey9 said...

I guess you have to do what you have to do. If this is the most profitable move for you to avoid tilt, then its the right one. Good luck bud.

eddy.blog said...

rockman255 says props, you're without question one of the top players to regularly sit on nl100 fr >_< au contrast to me being one of the worst

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.