Monday, November 24, 2008

Movin On Up

Well, since my last post I've been playin a lot of 6max and I recently made the jump to 200NL. I've tried to move to 200NL (FR twice) and I've run absolutely horrible each time. Well, I'm happy to report that I have run very good since my move this time at 200NL 6max. Im up $1500 over 3700 hands and now, after an absolutely horrendous start to the month, I'm up almost $5000 in November including bonuses. 6max is just so much more interesting than FR and I think I'm going to be staying there for quite awhile. The only reason I might play FR again is to try to grind out Supernova next month. I still have quite a bit of VPPs to get (~23k) so I might need to just sit around for hours 16 tabling 200NL FR next month when I'm on Christmas vacation. I also am getting 6max coaching from a guy named Terp on deucescracked.com and I just had my first session today. Terp definitely knows what hes talking about and is only charging me $100/hour for 200NL 6max coaching. I definitely think that when i get 4-5 hours put in with him I will be a much better player.

I'm definitely going to take a shot at playing for a living after I'm out of school. I will be graduating with a B.S. in Biology with minors in Chemistry and Economics, but to be honest, none of that excites me at all. I am so sick of classes and schoolwork this year. Every class I am taking just seems so tedious and boring that I almost can't stand it anymore. I absolutely dread the thought of sitting through even an hour long class. I've stopped going to one of my classes completely since I have all the old tests from the class and the teacher never changes them so basically I just have to memorize the old tests to get an A. I can't really ever see myself being happy working any type of 9-5 job. Whether it be in an office or a lab or whatever, I just don't think I'd ever be happy doing it. I really hope this poker thing works out and that I can play for living next year. Its so depressing thinking that if I got a job next year I'd probably be making 30-40k a year working 40 hours a week considering I'm pretty sure I could make well over 50k playing ~20 hours a week at 100NL. Hopefully i can be beating 400NL by the end of May, which would mean well over $100k a year playing part time.

So, after all that rambling about how jobs suck and what not, I'll give you an update on my month so far. After an absolutely horrendous start to the month I've bounced back nicely and am extremely pumped. If I could post two $5000 months in a row that would be absolutely amazing.



Btw, here's a couple interesting 200NL 6max hands:

Villain here is an ultra aggro reg and I decide to look him up



Just to show theres still plenty of donks at 200NL

3 comments:

dakota-xx said...

Do you mean that you will be graduating before you try to play for a living?

It amazes me some of the hands people will stay with til the river at the limit you play! (after reviewing those 2 hands lol)

bw07507 said...

wierd, i never saw your comment dakota.

Sorry I havent responded in so long, but to answer your question I will be playing for a living i guess while in school, but as soon as i graduate i poker will be my only source of income for atleast a few months. I will see how things go, if I don't like it or am not making enough money to make it worth while I will get a real job. Right now I have plenty of money to live off of for a good 6 months and will definitely win more before i graduate, so I have no problem taking a shot at playing professionally.

Unknown said...

Nice month-end ROI bw.
Just here to wish you a Merry Christmas and all the best in the new year.
Keep raping those tables :)